Thursday, September 18, 2008

move over!

It makes me kind of nervous when I actually have a moment to sit down and realize how fast time is going! Its Friday again tomorrow.....where did the week go, AGAIN??! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is feeling this way!! But, even with 3 reminder notes and the picture sitting right by the door, I still forgot it! I still forget things even if I have them in the van next to me! Am I losing my mind?? What am I going to do when the kids are older? But, then maybe they will be able to remember their own things? Who knows??!!

I was having a "I miss TN" week! Talking to Dana on Monday and hearing the Southern accent....I miss it. I miss my friends and church and our neighbors! I miss the Southern hospitality!! So, I decided that I have to go and meet people! Well, I didn't decide that until yesterday....I had to think about it for a day or two! I just started out, with Issy on my hip and the kids just riding their bikes around (not with me, but around) I just knocked on neighbors doors! It was so nice just to sit and visit. I've been wanting to meet our new neighbor across the street, they just moved in....so it was nice to get to know her a little bit and her 20 month old son! I really do like our neighborhood. Tonight I HAD to go meet a lady a few houses down. EVERYONE knows her, so when I say I live on Inverness its always, "oh, so you know Mary Beth!" Uh....no. I know who she is, but I don't know her! It was fun....the kids and I jumped on our bikes to go deliver some bread, cookie balls, and muffin batter to a friend who just had a baby, so on our way by I knocked on Mary Beth's door. It was like I've know her forever! She is so fun and we started talking about cooking! She is actually writing a cookbook and so we got into the healthy part of feeding our families. I just made bread today, so I told her I'd bring her a loaf after our deliveries! After a trip to the park and back home for a snack we brought the bread over. I told her it was honey/molasses and she cracked up! Her husband was suppose to stop at the store to buy some molasses and he forgot. Her daughter wanted to make a recipe that called for it and they didn't have any! So, I ran home and brought my whole gallon of molasses over!! Who else has molasses by the gallons??!!

I have a new friend. Her son plays with Alaina at recess, so they were thrilled to see that they live on the same street!! I really do like our neighborhood and town. Its taken awhile, but life is good here. :) I guess it just takes a little moving myself out of the way!!

I have one more place I have to go tomorrow.

I do miss TN, but God put me here for a reason!!

I'm just going to go to bed....I won't get into the stressful part of the week like our 5 doctor/dentist/ortho/ENT/Dermatologist appointments in 3 days and Annika deciding to pour the WHOLE can of fish food in the fish tank.....not once, but twice in two days! NOT COOL. She is BANNED from touching the fish food and she knows it! I do have pictures! But, not tonight.

No comments: