Saturday, June 6, 2009

stuff

Okay, that video will give you nightmares, so its time to move on from it! Next week is FINALLY the last week of school. It seems like it is never going to get here! But, I won't get into all that. I did want to share a few things that Annika has said the past few weeks:

"Mom, don't worry, I put the rugs back in my shoes. They just fall out when I take my shoes off!"

"Why did you have to fire the worms?" Explanation....we had two tent worm nests in our front trees. I remember in my younger days we would find a nest and cut it out of the tree and then torch it. I was having a "moment" on Monday, so I cut them down and took a lighter to them. I remember the worms crawling out and screaming as they would shrivel up and die. Sounds horrible, so why was it so fun? After being not so successful, it was a really windy day, I took a can of Scrubbing Bubbles to them. I learned the other day after running out of wasp spray that the Scrubbing Bubbles works quite well. Both are foamy and toxic and got the job done! Anyway, a few worms were left on the driveway and the next day Annika saw them and said, "Mom, why did you have to fire all these worms?!" Yes, worms, YOU ARE FIRED.

Today is another cold, rainy day. Summer is just having a hard time getting here. We went to the Aquarium last weekend....very fun. :) And now, this week my parents come down for Alaina's dance recital and Friday my mom and I take Amy to NYC for her 30th birthday. Watch us on Good Morning America Monday morning, the 15th! My mom and I are more Today people, but not Amy. So, I guess she wins out being it is her birthday trip!

I'll post some pictures later along with the other Annika quotes that I forgot at the moment! I guess fried mommy brains are a real thing....right now I have to go feed the kids!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

NYC??? Have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

the story of us said...

kim - we have a new blog - you'll have to check it out. when are you home from NYC? tomorrow is "daisy day" !! :) when are you coming? tessa gone to LLBC this week - pool open, ready and warm! :)