Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day (yesterday) to all the Mommies out there!! We had a great weekend. And, to think that I am the mommy of these 4 amazing kiddos! I had a few emotional moments!! God has chosen me to be Alaina, Erik, Annika & Isabel's mom! What a huge responsibility! I am so glad that He is there to help and guide me through these years!

I had my hair done on Friday night. When I got home Erik and Annika met me in the driveway, "MOM!! Nana is not here, but she will be here soon!!" "What?!! Nana, who??" "Nana and Pupsi, that's who!!"

It was 7:15 when I got home, Tim said they'd be here at 9. They called from Green Bay and said they were on their way!! Whoo Hooo!! So, I ran around and picked up a few things and got the "bouncy bedroom" all picked up and vacuumed. That's the extra room that the kids also use as a playroom. We were ready for them!! They did get here at 9 and everyone was so excited!!

What a surprise. I like these kinds of surprises. :) On Saturday we didn't really have anything planned. I had no food in the house, not even milk, so my mom and I went to Costco while Tim, the kids, and Pupsi went on a big hike. Then later Tim, Erik and Pupsi went to Sears to pick up our new grill. We all went to Schaumburg and ate at Red Robin. It was just a really fun day.

I think Chicken Pupsi got his "silly" fix for a couple weeks!! They get so goofy when they are together!



On Sunday morning it was so nice to have mom and dad here! Tim made breakfast and we just hung out and talked. :) The kids were their normal selves and all excited to give me their cards and presents. From Erik it said, "D Mom. Happy Mather's Day! I love you. Erik." Too cute. I was so excited to see a box wrapped (from Amazon!) with a card that said, To our Mommy. Happy Mother's Day from your adorable photogenic kids!!" Could it be???!!! Yes!! It was a new Camera! A digital Cannon SLR!! How exciting. :) So, here are a few pictures we took with my new toy!!









After a nap, a trip to Costco and then Coldstone, we came home for pizza and then early bed for everyone. Alaina has all day kindergarten today to "practice" for first grade next year. Then this afternoon we have a field trip to a big farm. Last year Annika came with us and a goat ate her whole paper bag with the food in that she was feeding the animals! She remembers that well, so she is prepared to hang onto the bag tight today! The kids are excited. :)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

The Runner Family said...

I'm glad you had a terrific day! I can just imagine how excited you were when you heard your parents were coming...college wasn't that long ago! I loved the picture with you and your kids; how precious!

Kim said...

I did get pretty excited when they would come! Its so often that they are coming and they can't at the last minute.....just happened at Easter. But, in September that should change!! :)

The Runner Family said...

What is happening in September? Retirement maybe?

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

Hey Kimber - love the pics! Isn't an SLR just fantastic? We've had our digital canon SLR (350D - I think it's called Rebel in the US) for a couple years now and I LOVE it! Digital SLRs are the best for taking pics of kids, cos the other point and clicks are just too slow for catching those good moments. I've got a smaller digi camera for my hand bag to pull out when a photo op presents itself and I wasn't prepared for it. (like the mill pics on the blog). Enjoy your gift!

Love T