I know, I'm letting this blogging-thing slide a bit! I cannot keep up with "life" at the moment! It seems that the weeks just come and go to quickly! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.
We just got back from a week in MI. Too fun. :) I love going up there...yes, I do with we were closer yet! But, I do like it here, too. It wasn't such a long drive. Last Sunday I packed up the kids and headed north. We made a stop in Racine, WI, and picked up Ryan. So, at 6:15 pm we were all buckled up. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw 5 heads. YES, 5!! It was dark and we were still in Racine. For a moment I did wonder what I was doing, but that thought quickly faded and we headed north. Ryan kept asking, "what town are we in?" Finally, about the 10th time asking I said, "Oconto." "Oh, Oconto," he said. And, Erik pipes up, "Squanto?!" So, that led into some giggles and a big talk on Thanksgiving and the Indians, which, I was not a part of. It was fun listening to all the little voices in the back! We made it in record timing. We dropped Ryan off at 9:18...safe and sound. We didn't have to make any potty stops! Its amazing how short the trip gets when you can just drive!
We had a great week. I love Thanksgiving. I love being reminded of ALL the many blessings in my life! To name a few:
My family. I love my family. Both sides and all of them. :) I could not ask for better. :)
I am Thankful for the 10 miles my dad and I got to run on the roads in Wallace! I am so Thankful for Nathan and Kelli and if it weren't for them, I don't think my dad would be running anymore and I can tell you that we would not have been in Wallace! Its so great to have my dad back! :)
I'm thankful for 2 sets of Papas and Nanas that LOVE my kids! Too many kids do not know their grandparents and that breaks my heart. I had 2 sets growing up and I am SO thankful that my kids do to! There is nothing more important in a child's life than their Grandparents....that's what I think! :)
I'm thankful for a GREAT husband and 4 Healthy and Beautiful kids! Each one is so unique and different....they are each so very special and sweet! God has RICHLY blessed us! Why stop at 4, right?!! Well, 4 is good. :)
I'm thankful for a wonderful church that has welcomed us in this past year! I love our church and the friendships that I am making are priceless. God is so good to us!
The list goes on and on and on.
Now its time for Christmas. We walked in the door this afternoon, unpacked a little bit and I headed to Costco for some groceries. When I returned the Christmas decorations were out and for the first time in our family's history, I did not decorate the tree. :) I just watched as the kids did it themselves. Annika only broke 2 ornaments. One was mine from when I was little and one was Tim's. What can you do??!! They aren't going to last forever. The tree looks beautiful and I'm excited to have a few hours tomorrow by myself when Issy is sleeping and the rest are at school to finish up and get the Fall stuff put away! Mr. Turkey looks a little goofy on the mantel next to the tree! It seems like I just put him up there!
So, it will be another busy week. But, a good one. :) It snowed today, so I have the kids snow gear all bagged up and ready for school. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a smooth running morning! After a week of easy-going, I'm afraid there will be some tired little bums!
I'll try to post some pictures soon. And, I'll try to keep up a little better!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
people are more important than things . . .
people are more important than things . . .
people are more important than things . . .
people are more important than things . . .
people are more important than things . . .
(i'm referring to the broken ornaments!!) i have to remind myself of that sentiment OFTEN! :)
annika is a GREAT tree decorator - she had practice w/ours - and it's all still RIGHT WHERE she put it!! :) and it'll stay there too! :) the girls enjoyed that - they really felt that i have "mellowed" in my "old" age - they said that a couple of years ago, i'd have told her "no", or have tried to distract her and re-direct her - this year, i just ENJOYED watching her ENJOY the JOY of the season! and that's what it's really all about isn't it! :) ENJOYING all of the blessings that GOD has bestowed upon us! :)
so glad we got to visit with you and the 2 little ones! :) you'll have to all come over for some wii playing over christmas break - when do you come? our girls start break after school on the 19th! :) nice LONG christmas break - YYIIPPPEEEEE!! :)
Post a Comment