Saturday, November 1, 2008

Haloween

I'm not a real big fan of carving pumpkins. But, its something that I have to do as a mom!! I'd rather paint them and put wigs on them like my mom did sometimes when we were little. Its funny.....Alaina drew a face on hers that she wanted us to carve out. Ummm.....it was a little tiny "girl" face! But, with the hair she drew it still looked like a girl. They had fun and yes, I did carve them in my kitchen! It was a pretty easy clean-up!





Happy November 1st!

What a good Halloween!! The kids looked cute. We mastered the art of making bunny ears, and I didn't have to buy Annika, Erik, or Issy's costumes. :) So, we came off pretty easy this year. :)

Erik DID NOT like his eyebrows and mustache. I, personally, thought it made his whole costume. But, I guess he felt a little self conscience. He did wear them to the little party we went to on Thursday (and won an award for the funniest costume!) but would not for school! I made him have them for my pictures! Then I took them off before trick-or-treating, he cheered up after they came off.

They got so much candy. Its crazy. I'm so glad the candy fairy comes and takes it all away!! But, that means Mom still has it around....its just hiding! The fairy came and left books for the little people and dance lessons for Alaina. She's been wanting to go for so long, but I've been putting it off! She went on Wednesday to "bring a friend" night and LOVED it. She and her friend, Sara, would be in the same class on Saturdays, so I thought it would be a good time for her to go. Alaina was not as excited as I thought she'd be. She wanted this new Barbie and just new the Candy Fairy would bring it. So, there was no jumping up and down about dance. It was just a letter in her bag and the others got real books! But, after a few talks from me and her dad, she realized that it was pretty cool. She just came in with a Thank You letter for the fairy and is a very happy little girl dancing around. I guess its a hard lesson to learn when you are 7. How exciting. :)

Issy didn't get any candy this year. She just rode in the wagon and looked adorable. Her costume was too small and wouldn't button under her bum, but she didn't care. She was loving it. :)

Next year I'm dressing up. I have to plan ahead though, because Halloween just seems to sneak up on me! Boom, its tomorrow!!















Its another mystery in my house! I started off with 3 of these. One broke a year ago by a flying dog. I just came across this yesterday.....Annika said Erik did it and Erik said Annika did it. Is that normal??!! We did get to the bottom of it, though. The rule is the kids are NOT allowed to play in the carpet...meaning the dining room and living room. Everytime they do something gets broke or someone gets hurt. It true....why is it so hard to understand! I mean, Ebony, the dog we had growing up figured it out really fast that she couldn't go on the carpet!

No comments: