Saturday, December 6, 2008

Again...

Today was COLD...BRRRR....but I wasn't really outside in it. I did watch Tim put up the Christmas lights, so now the house looks pretty on the outside. We are still working on the inside. I love our tree, though. Its so pretty. And, this is the first year I didn't have to decorate the tree by myself! I didn't even put any ornaments on it! It was fun to see the kids oohh and ahhh over whose ornaments were whose. So much fun. We bought a really nice one last year It was a floor model, so we got it at a great price. Coming from the UP, I never thought I'd have a fake one, but it is pretty nice. Those pictures will, hopefully, come tomorrow. We have to try to get a Cmas card picture soon. We'll see. So much to do and and so little time!

This evening I took Annika to the Urgent Care. That's only the SECOND time I've been there in 4 days. Wednesday night I had Issy. Do I feel like a terrible parent, once again! Annika had a UTI the week before Thanksgiving. I didn't catch that one for 2 weeks! She had no symptoms, just stinky pee. I didn't think anything of it. Last spring she had all the symptoms and it turned out to be nothing 3 times. She was on antibiotics over Thanksgiving, and now yesterday I noticed that her pee was stinky again. Today it was the "VERY FREQUENT gotta pee right now" symptoms. ARRGG! I took her in at 6:30 and even though her pee looked like water, she did test positive for a UTI. She's back on meds for another 10 days. Now its off to a pediatric urologist to get the whole check-up. Poor girl...I just feel so bad for her. I'm hoping we can get to the bottom of it soon!

We have A LOT of snow and the temps are suppose to drop into the single digits tonight. All I can say is Brrr!! We've had a fire in our fireplace all day yesterday and today. LOVE IT. I always thought I'd like gas better, but the sounds that a wood burning fire make is so peaceful and calming. Except for when it shoots out sparks onto the carpet. I don't like it then! We learned a little tip when we were in Canada. The gas hook-up is great to keep a wood log burning for hours and hours! I need to go curl up in front of it now.

No comments: