Happy New Year!
Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year's. We did. What a fun 11 days. Lots of playing outside. Sledding with or without the 4 wheeler was the highlight of this Christmas break! I can say that I really missed out on it last year, but made up for it this year as my bum is still sore and my knee should have a monster bruise on it for the way it feels, but has no mark at all! We did have fun. I have video and pictures that I'll show when my camera decides to cooperate and download onto my computer! Maybe the 466 pictures are just too many. Gotta love digital!
We made it home in record time on Tuesday night. It took us 5 hours on the dot. :) Erik and I didn't even get out of the van....the rest had one potty stop! Its nice to be back home again, but its also sad to say good bye!! We drove into our neighborhood a little scared about what we were going to see in our driveway. There is lots of snow here!! It looked like our house had been abandoned! Tim jumped out of the van into the 6 degree weather and ran into the garage, got the snow shovel and shoveled a little path so we all could walk up it and get in the house! He had to snowblow so he could get the car in the garage. The whole way down from MI we watched the temperature drop....we both wished we were heading to Collierville!! Tim puts it the best, "I don't like cold." I agree!
Now I'm just waiting for the Peapod grocery delivery guy. I think he is my new best friend. We did got to MOPS today and Costco for Cheerios and eggs, but I think about one trip out every two weeks is about all I will be able to handle for a few months! A lady told me today when we were at Costco that my kids were very well behave and that I am very fortunate to have good kids! Thanks! I wish they were always that good!!
Isabel had a rough day yesterday.....I think she is missing everyone holding her! Now, today she has slept all day, so I think she is making up for it. Amy weighed her on Sunday....15.4 pounds. What a hefty!! She is so cute, though!! :) I love it. But, I don't love carrying her car seat around with her in it! UGGH!
Now the kids are counting the days until school starts. Just 4 more.....it is kind of nice to just stay home and not take them anywhere, though, but I think they are getting sick of me! It was so fun getting the mail yesterday and opening all the Christmas cards that came when we were gone. The kids love getting them and seeing their old friends from Tennessee! We had to read all of them and then put them on our card wreath. Its loaded this year and has fallen twice today! Last year I had it up until July....we'll see about this year. After I took it down then I just felt so far away from everyone!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment