Okay, so I'm writing this a little shaky after a morning of running around!! And, I didn't even leave my house! I told you about the dishwasher that I had bought last week. It was installed on Saturday and we heard the words that no one wants to hear, "Sorry guys, but this dishwasher doesn't work. Looks like you got a bummer." And, he was gone. What??!! So, as I'm washing dishes all weekend I am apologizing to my old dishwasher!! It did wash just fine....I mean, way better than my two hands! But, as of 10:30 this morning I do have a dishwasher that works, and her name is not Mommy. :)
Juan the Painter was also here this morning. Tim left and as he went out the door he told me to get the rest of the house painted....."just get it done already!" Okay then! So, he will finish our master bedroom/bathroom tomorrow and also do our bonus room and Isabel's room. What a good feeling that will be to done with it. I was going to tackle it myself, but then, when would I?!! It seemed like in the past when we'd get the house painted and how we wanted it we moved! But, I'm hoping not this time. That is too much work!
My "angels" are here now......so I'm confined to the office at the moment. Remember back in December when Isabel and I spent a few days in the hospital and Tim was home playing Mom with the other three?? Remember when he told me to get a cleaning lady b/c he realized how hard it was to keep up with everything and take care of the kids??!! Well, I finally did. :) Oh does it feel good to smell the fresh scent of clean! :) My dad always tells me to hire a live in nanny......a Grandma-type.....kind of like an Alice. But, that is not going to happen. I just need someone to clean my bathrooms and scrub the floor!
So, that is all. I do need some advice from anyone that has ever had a six year old. We are having an issue with being "spunky" and sassing back. My mom used to tell me that when the kids are little you discipline the action and as they get older you discipline the attitude. I can say that I would rather deal with the actions! Any suggestions on how to discipline the attitude?? I'm really struggling with it.
Other than that, not too much is going on. We are just praying that mom and dad come out sometime soon! Tim is gone for the next two days again.....he's in Omaha. Last time he was there he brought home some steaks, so we'll see what he brings home this time.
Now after my "angels" leave I need to tackle the laundry......too bad there wasn't a washer and dryer that folds and puts away, too! It seems that when I send the folded clothes up the kids to put away, they usually don't make it all the way to their rooms. Why is that?? Erik had clothes all the way up the stairs last time.....I think he was making a trail.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment