Thursday, February 21, 2008

Smart...

Isabel had her 4 month check-up today......the doctor told me that she is going to be really smart when she grows up. :) She weighed in at a hefty 16 lbs. 13 oz!! He said that babies with a lot of chub have a higher IQ because fat is what makes up the brain cells and she has no shortage of brain cell forming fat!! :) So, that was good news. He also told me I was doing a good job. Isabel's at the top of the chart for height (26 1/2 inches) and weight and is growing perfectly. I did get a parenting newsletter email this week to let me know what to expect with Isabel now that she is 18 weeks.....it told me not to correct her pronunciations of words if she doesn't say them correctly! Okay, she may be smart and chubby, but c'mon.....who is writing that stuff?!

Tim comes home tomorrow. YAY! He's been in Las Vegas all week for work....its been a long week! I came down with a cold yesterday....I don't get sick very often, but I just want to crawl in bed and not come out! I did manage to keep everyone sleeping this morning until 8:30, so I'm hoping I can do the same tomorrow. Our new dishwasher is coming tomorrow, as well. Now, that is exciting!! I just hated our dishwasher in TN.....it was just an old, basic model that didn't clean very well and was really loud. After 3 years of living there and dealing with it we finally got a new one, then moved a few months later to a house with the same dishwasher just a few years newer! I guess if there wasn't so many people in our family and dishes being used it would be okay, but I am so excited to be saying Good Bye to it tomorrow!! :)

While we are on the subject of appliances.....for all you moms out there who swear that washers and dryers eat socks.....ITS TRUE!! The Sears guy came out yesterday to service our washer and dryer and pulled out about 6 little socks that had gotten "eaten". Apparently they get sucked under a rubber flab in the front and get stuck there until someone pulls them out. I did not know to check that periodically.....now I do! I'm just wondering what happened to the other 20 socks that have a match in the missing sock bag!!

No comments: