Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Birthday Weekend....

What a big weekend. We had so much fun with the Papas and the Nanas! Even Ryan and Grape Grandma came! Lots of people, lots of food, and lots of fun. :) I usually like to go in order of how events happened, but I'm jumping ahead now to Issy's birthday....so Canada and Is's black eye will come tomorrow! She had her tubes put in her ears on Friday morning. That went super. I think she turned into a different kid! She's always been pleasant and happy, but she just turned into Miss Personality this weekend!! What a super little girl....so fun and easy going.


On Saturday our friends from Sartell, MN stopped by. It was fun to see them again! We just saw them in July....so its been twice in just a few months! The big girls had fun dressing Isabel up as Snow White. I think Issy liked it, too! So, here's all the kids....plus Ryan. :)


For the first time we had to have a "kids" table! Our big table was full! The kids thought it was just great! It got a little crazy over there, but I remember us when we were little. There was never a dull moment at our kids' tables!


We had muffins with candles in for breakfast on Sunday morning. Issy wasn't too sure about hers, but the big kids liked the candles! Then off to church for her dedication! I do have pictures, but I'm running out of time! I almost made it through with no tears. But, how could I not?!! God has blessed us with FOUR great kids!!

Just checking out the candle! She just started blowing on things Saturday! Just in time!




I guess its a challenge for me to make the birthday cakes.....this one turned out okay....not my favorite, though! Its suppose to be a fluffy, white cat stalking the mouse sitting on a hunk of cheese. The "cheese" cake is the one that we let her "dig" into. And, mom made that one.....without following the directions! So, it turned out a little more creative than the picture! Although, you can tell from the pictures that "digging" into a cake is just not her thing. She preferred to just stick her finger in it and lick her finger. There was no mess with this child!



Finally we just cut her cake! The kids wanted the "yellow" frosting and not the coconut!


And, she didn't get much chance to open her presents.....she had too much help!




Tomorrow I should have diaper picture. Has it really been a year? Time goes so fast. I cannot imagine our lives without this little redhead. God has truly blessed us! Happy Birthday Little Punkin!


How many Papas and Nanas does it take to fix a garage door?? Was this funny.....I haven't had an opening garage door for a few weeks. The "people" were suppose to come fix it the day we left for Canada, but they didn't come. Good deal, though, because just having Bob in town saved us $350! Tim always seems to get projects done when he's here. :) So, anyway, as you can see my Dad has the biggest shovel, so he thought he was the most important and, my mom just wanted to get in the picture.....a Swiffer is not going to do much good! It was just funny.....and now it works. Thank you garage door fixer helpers and most importantly, TIM!! And, I also have a mailbox with a door on it now! Its only been since February! Thanks Papa and Nana for that! I love it. :)


After everyone left this morning it was so quiet around here! It was just Issy and me and we were both wiped out. So, a little Baby Einstein was in order. She sat just like a big girl and watched the whole thing. What a little sweetie.

No comments: