Friday, December 7, 2007

Snowy Day

My heart goes out to single moms! Tim's been gone 3 nights this week and I thought I was doing pretty good.....until now! I am exhausted!! I have good kids, but they are just wearing me down!! Tim comes home later this afternoon and the babysitter comes at 5. YEAH!! We were suppose to host a Christmas party here tonight for 18 people, but with Isabel and her big week, we backed out of hosting. Actually, we backed out of the whole party.....we're going to on a date instead. I most likely won't do much talking.....just to sit and look at Tim will be fine! Izzy's coming with us, so we are going to go get some Christmas shopping done, as well. We need to get some white lights for our tree.....last Friday the kids and I put the tree up (or as they say put the tree together).....and we only had lights that work on the bottom. But, the bottom is where all the ornaments are because the kids did all the decorating! I left at 8:30 Saturday morning and didn't get home until 11 on Monday, then Tim left right after that, so our tree has been half naked all week. I guess it makes for a good story for the scrap books.

We got some more snow last night. The kids think its the best thing! I'm just going to stay "snowed in" today until Tim gets back. Its really pretty and it makes it feel like Christmas. Josh Groban's Christmas CD is playing and the peppermint candle is burning. Tomorrow we go have breakfast with Santa.....the kids are thrilled. Then we have to go shopping for Baby Jesus. Erik and Annika have to bring a present for a baby for the "Home of the Sparrow". Its a place where Mom's can take their families if they are in an abusive situation or are in need of a place to stay. For the kids' Christmas program they bring the presents they bought and give them to Baby Jesus at the altar at church. So, we need to take them shopping for something that they think Baby Jesus would need or want. I'm sure it will be interesting to see what they pick out!

The kids are picking up there rooms now, but I hear a big fight happening! Erik and Annika....and Annika's crying. I have to go break it up and help them out. I just tell them I'm coming with the vacuum.....turn it on and start for their rooms and its amazing how fast they get cleaned up.

Enjoy your day!!

No comments: