Today has been a really good day. Getting ready for church went well....no problems like there usually are! I had my running clothes laid out by the bed so I could just get up and go, but after I went to bed I decided not to go. I thought I could use a rest day! So, it was not fun to hear Issy at 6:15! But, as I was getting up Tim sprung up and said he'd take her. WOW! I slept in until 7:45! Apparently, Issy had leaked through her diaper, so she was all wet. He took care of it all. :) Thanks, Tim!
We got to church on time and the kids went to their Sunday School classes as usual. After Sunday School, we picked up Erik and Alaina. They sit with us during the worship music before heading down to Jr. church. They have a hard time sitting, standing, singing, and listening for those 25 minutes. Today was different. There was no fight over pens and Erik actually sat still and quiet! They were writing in their children's bulletins when we started singing Amazing Grace (the Chris Tomblen version). Alaina stood up on the pew, put her arms around my shoulders and sang the song word for word right in my ear. I could not hold back the tears! The kids are singing all the time, but this time it was different! We pray so hard that our kids will grow up to love and honor God, and this was just a confirmation that we are on the right track.
Alaina had the best day, too. During lunch she told us, "God is incomprehensible." She is so right! It was cute to hear that big word come out of her! It's fun to talk to her about God and what it means to be a Christian. She understands a lot more than we think she does. She knows now what it really means to follow Jesus. She's concerned about the people in her life that do not follow Jesus. We struggle with her attitude and "the spunks," as we call them. She has a look that would kill you if looks could kill! But, today her smile shone brightly all day. And, the more we praised her the bigger the smile became. Thank you, God, for this beautiful 7 year-old that loves You!!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
and thank you GOD for Alaina, Erik, Annika & Issy's wonderful parents who have taken the time to teach them about YOU! AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET THE SOUND! :) . . . UNENDING LOVE, AMAZING GRACE! :)
thanks for sharing this Kimber - isn't it wonderful when our kids' understanding of Jesus is clear and true? How deeply blessed it is to know that God has chosen our children to be His children too - I pray that these moments you're experiencing will be many for all the kids!
Post a Comment