I think I'm caught up. Oh this week as been nuts. My kids are ready for school and its been the first week, well 3 days anyway, where its just been us! So, you can just imagine the adjustment of lots of activity to just boring mom! I was just striking out left and right...for some reason I was not cool anymore! And, with Issy taking morning and afternoon naps, we were limited.
Yesterday we did some shopping to get ready for school. Its tough buying lunch boxes for 10 bucks a piece knowing very well that in 2 week they will be 70% off! But, its the first day of "big" school for both the kids, so new Spiderman and Hello Kitty lunch boxes were just what we needed. I got to the check out and unloaded the bottom of the stroller to find that my purse was not buried under all the stuff. Bummer! That means after waiting in line for what seemed to be forever I had to run out to the van to get it! So, our way out to the van it crossed my mind to just drive away and leave the "stuff" there at the checkout. Besides, is it really worth going back in with all the kids?!! But, the lunchboxes. The kids would know. So, we made it to the van and my purse wasn't there. That means it would have to be in the shoe department. Now I really can't just drive away. Annika was too tired to walk in the first time, so this was going to be tough! As we went back in a cashier was trying to flag me down. Apparently, they knew that I was the owner of the missing purse! We checked out and I had told the kids earlier that if they stuck close by they could get popcorn on the way out. They didn't forget. But, that changed to ice cream when they saw all the flavors! Annika wanted the pink one, but the "older" lady working there said that it was too hard to scoop, could she pick another?! The girls got their ice cream and Erik got his popcorn. Was it horrible of me that that was also their dinner? Tim was gone and I was just at the end of it...I am just too tired!! So now, being my house is clean (!!) I am going to sleep in tomorrow. And, we also have a babysitter for tomorrow night. A trial run with the next door neighbor. If it works out she will be really nice to have next door. :)
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment