Thursday, August 28, 2008

E Man's First....

Erik's first day came and went. What a day. I thought I was pretty organized this morning. Had their lunches made and their water bottles out. Their backpacks were packed with their name tags hanging on them. I was ready! But, we got to school and somehow their name tags did not come with them or their water bottles! Other than that, we did good. :) Erik and Alaina got to where they needed to be and holding back the tears....we said "good bye" for the day.


On the step...I took a whole bunch of pictures before I realized after each picture my camera said, no memory card! So, we had to start all over!



Here's the whole crew! Kind of like the band is breaking up! They are used to being with each other all day every day!


All of us!


Walking down the hall to his classroom.


The kids all have to have an oversized white tee shirt with their name on the front for gym so the teacher can see who they are! Here he is with his shirt and new tennies!


It was really quiet around here! We got home and Issy went straight to bed. Got her up at 10 and we went and visited Annika's preschool. She cannot wait 6 more days to go! She said, "Mom, can you just drop me off and pick me up later?!" She enjoyed being back and seeing her room again! We were just there for 1/2 hour or so and came back home and played. Issy went down again at 12, so the afternoon was An's and mine. We played Trouble and read books. Mom needed a rest, so we even watch Little Einsteins. My favorite. :) Then after a really long afternoon we went and picked up the kids.

Erik said he is going back tomorrow. And, "Mom, we didn't even sleep the whole entire day! And, we played in the gym once and went to the park (playground) twice! It was so cool."

Alaina said in her most dramatic way, "All I could think about all day was lunch! I was so starving and we had to wait forever to eat!" I told her tomorrow she will have to eat toast with her Cheerios....so it will be interesting to see her at breakfast! She said she was going to eat a lot!

For dinner we had spaghetti and broccoli with frozen blueberries for dessert. Their favorite. They got to eat on the "red" plates, so that was even more cool!

So, I will conclude that our first day of all day school was a success!!


Here's a couple of my hillbilly daughter! She just has one top tooth! She was loving the blueberries and was being really goofy at the table. It sure does help when you have an audience laughing and egging her on!

No comments: