Thursday, April 3, 2008

Growing up....

I got a letter in the mail today from the Elementary school that said Erik was chosen to be in the full day kindergarten program. Last year was the first year in this district and there is just one class, so its just a lottery system as to how they decide who is going to get in. At first I wasn't too excited about it. I didn't plan on him going all day.....its just sad to to think that he is growing up so quickly! But, he will LOVE it. I went to school with Alaina today.....they cram so much stuff into 2 1/2 hours.....its crazy!! Crazy in a good way. :) Mrs. Bartsch is wonderful. I am sad that Erik won't have her. She told me today that I should have a prayer box for the kids. This was after I told her that Alaina had put in a prayer request in a big mailbox at Focus on the Family last week that said she wanted someone to pray that Erik gets her for a teacher next year! When they are sad, nervous, excited, or whatever about something all they need to do is write it down and put it in their prayer box. They don't have worry about it anymore b/c its in the box and God knows that it is there! I love the idea, so after this weekend we are going to decorate a box and get this going . :) Her daughter just recently started college and brought her prayer box to school! She says that she will look back into her box and read her requests and reflect on how God has answered her prayers or changed her attitude.

I still haven't tried to download my pictures from our trip. I just have a feeling that its just going to frustrate me, so I have just left it alone. We are having memory issues, so my Internet won't even work sometimes! Oh well. I need to go pack up all of us for a big weekend, anyway....no time to work on it now! My cousin is getting married on Saturday in MI.....a good reason to get new dress. :) And, did I mention an evening out without kids??? Thanks Papa and Nana! :) You are very much appreciated!

No comments: