Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Fun...

What a big weekend. I can say that I am wiped out and ready for bed! On Friday Alaina was a little concerned about a little bump that she had on her tummy. She gets them periodically and we just "pop them out" and they go away. She really does not like getting them and every time she asks me why God gives them to her. This time I answered her, "Alaina, I really don't know why God gives them to you. You just have to remember that God will NEVER give you anything that you cannot handle."

"That is good news, Mom, but I need to pray really hard that God does not give me an ingrown toenail, because I know I can't handle one!"

So, at lunch time on Saturday it was Annika's turned to be prayed for on our Nordin Family Prayer calendar...the kids are very faithful in praying for everyone on their day! Alaina said that she would pray for Annika, "Thank you God for Annika. Thank-you that she is not sick and I pray that you will not give her an ingrown toenail. We love you, God. Amen.

Today she prayed that Daddy would not get one. If you would like to get on Alaina's prayer list for no ingrown toenails, just leave a comment! She would be happy to pray for you. *grin*

On Friday night Alaina had a Sock Hop with her Daisy group. It was pretty fun and crazy. She "floated" across the gym floor doing her ballerina moves she's learned! There were about 300 little poodle skirts!! Very fun. :)




Daddy....what's up with this??!


You might need a face lift....see!


What a doll!




Today we just had to get out of the house after a few days of cold rain. It still wasn't warm, but that didn't stop us. I had to go find Issy's shoes (papa Bob got them for Annika) so her feet wouldn't get cold....I think she liked them!


I did have this exact picture, but she had her eyes opened. I just liked this one better!



These are so cool!!


Issy's first swing ride. She was giggling the whole time! She loved it. :)





I should have had this on video! It was so cute!


Erik swinging around the circle-thing!


Annika kept her helmet on the whole time to keep her head warm!






All four of them!


And, even Daddy made it. He wasn't as happy and giggly as the kids, though!






On Friday I went to the Carter's Kids outlet. Everything was $3.99, so needless-to-say, I stocked up. Erik is set for school next year and summer. And, they all got new jammies. There is just something really exciting about a new pair of pajamas. Even Issy got a pair.




Big, Medium, Small, and Extra Small.....that is even what they call themselves! They even sing it to a little jingle!!

2 comments:

The Runner Family said...

I totally agree with Alaina! I've only had one ingrown toenail, but I NEVER want to have another one! And to think that was about 14 years ago, what a memory!

somebody,somewhere said...

i don't have an ingrown toe-nail, but went for a gall-bladder nuclear med test this a.m. - waiting for the results sometime this week if the kids would like to pray! :) you have GREEN grass i'm so jealous!