Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day!

Alaina's first day of school!! She looked super and wore a huge smile on her face! She took a shower this morning, so we could make her hair shiny and beautiful. I wish Nana Bev was here to do that!! We got a little confused when we got to school. I thought we were suppose to go straight to their classrooms, but apparently I missed the memo that said everyone was meeting outside on the playground! So, we went through the school and it was really quiet....then thought the gym would be my next guess. NOPE!! Finally I asked someone! So, we missed the line up, but she did get to where she needed to be. I didn't get pictures inside her classroom yet....I'll wait awhile for that. It was just too busy this morning.
She's in good hands!! And, she's got some really great kids in her class.


Doesn't she look so grown up??!! This is the outfit Auntie Amy put together for her.



Erik had just a "meet the teacher" morning. Annika came with us and Issy was on my back. They just found their seats and then Mrs. Merlin read "The Kissing Hand". Love that book. :) The kids made a little art project to go along with the book.

This little girl sitting next to Erik was not as enthusiastic about kindergarten!!



Erik's table mate Fernanda wasn't there....she missed lasts nights orientation, as well, so I'm not sure what it up with her! So, Annika got to sit in her spot! Mrs. Merlin called her Fernanda once for fun and everyone got a little laugh out of that b/c she is sure not a Fernanda with her blond hair!! I was impressed, though, that she could write her name better than most in the class! They were all suppose to close their eyes and open their hand for a special "kindergarten" kiss. Its not obvious that Annika is peeking, is it?!!!



Erik already LOVES Mrs. Merlin. I would too if I were 5!! She's great! She just had twins, Layla and Noah, in January. Just adorable!

Tomorrow it starts FOR REAL! Bread is in the oven so I'll have that ready for sandwiches this week and next. My fridge is full of healthy "lunch" stuff. Thank goodness we have the extra fridge in the laundry room! That's full of milk, juice boxes, water, and FINALLY Stoneyfield Organics came out with their own GO GURTS! I've been waiting and waiting! The kids always ask for go gurts, but its so unnatural to have a bright blue, cotton candy flavor yogurt! These are wonderful and I tasted a blueberry/raspberry one today and I might be stealing one for myself every once in awhile! I need to pack a lunch, along with an afternoon snack. I think they are set. I told Alaina today that she could have hot lunch sometimes, but she said she never wants to do that! I think the practice in the cafeteria today made her a little nervous!



Here' my new haircut courtesy of my photographer, Alaina! I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it like this or go shorter. The back is layered a lot. It does feel good to have it gone! I like long hair on other people.....just not me!



I'll post tomorrow night with E's first day wrap up!! As I was writing this E got up 3 times starving....I think he's got the jitters! I'm glad Tim is home tonight!

3 comments:

somebody,somewhere said...

love the school pics - love the new hair, love the healthy eating thing that you do - but HOW do you do it? we had aldi hot dogs on generic white hot dog buns at a bonfire at church tonight - it was ALL i could muster after my crazy day! :) and they weren't even good!!

Unknown said...

I love the haircut!! I want it!!

Unknown said...

You know that's me leaving the commment. Dana